You may have seen CBD advertisements numerous times on your television and billboards, and are wondering what the hype is all about. Over the years, CBD has gained a lot of popularity, with many consumers using it in their morning coffee, among other uses. You may be wondering what CBD oil is and if you should start using it. If this is you, then read on to find out more.
Table of Contents
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD or cannabidiol is a chemical compound that is usually derived directly from the hemp plant. It is a naturally occurring compound extracted from cannabis and does not have psychoactive properties. CBD oil contains CBD, mixed with a carrier oil such as hemp seed oil or coconut oil. It also does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which will get you high; therefore, it is safe for you.
the Benefits Of CBD Oil
It Relieves Pain
CBD has pain-relieving effects. The human body usually has an endocannabinoid system (ECS) that typically regulates the pain and immunity response of the body. CBD binds itself to the cannabinoid receptors in the brain, therefore reducing pain and inflammation. Consequently, it is useful as a pain reliever, especially in people with multiple sclerosis and arthritis.
It Helps With Anxiety And Depression
Depression and anxiety have become prevalent mental health disorders that have serious effects on one’s well being. This is where CBD oil comes in. Since it is a non-psychoactive compound, it can help relieve anxiety with people that have the following anxiety-related disorders:
- Obsessive-compulsive Disorder(OCD)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder, among others.
The majority of the time, these issues are usually treated with over the counter drugs, which lead to opioid addiction and other effects such as insomnia, agitation, drowsiness, and headaches. CBD has become quite popular currently since it uses a natural approach to treating anxiety and depression, making it a safer option. It is usually able to treat these issues due to its ability to enhance glutamate and serotonergic signaling, which regulates social behavior.
It Treats Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes is usually caused by the immune system attacking the pancreatic cells. CBD often eases the inflammation in the pancreas, hence protecting against the disease or even delaying its development.
It can Treat Acne
Nothing is as embarrassing as having your face full of stubborn acne on the day that you have a presentation in the office. It is because you know that people will focus a lot on your face, and ask you what you are eating wrong. The good news is that you can use CBD to treat acne. Acne occurs due to a myriad of factors such as genetics, overproduction of sebum, and accumulation of bacteria. Due to the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD oil, and its ability to reduce the skin’s sebum production, it will help combat acne. Therefore, you can get yourself some CBD oil and use it on your face, and within a few days, your skin will be glowing as ever.
It Helps In Treatment Of Heart Disease
CBD can lower high blood pressure, which is linked to higher risks of people developing strokes and heart attacks. CBD also helps by reducing the cholesterol level in the body, reducing the artery blockage, and also reducing stress-induced cardiovascular responses. By doing this, it helps with heart issues and preventing heart damage.
As seen above, CBD oil has numerous benefits, hence its growing popularity. However, studies on the potential health benefits are still ongoing. If you want to start using it, it is advised to talk to a doctor, since it reacts with certain medications, and to ensure that you are safe using it.
- The 5 Benefits Of CBD Oil That You Should KnowYou may have seen CBD advertisements numerous times on your television and billboards, and are wondering what the hype is all about. Over the years, CBD has gained a lot of popularity, with many consumers using it in their morning coffee, among other uses. You may be wondering what CBD oil is and if you […]
- An In-Depth Review Of The Cinderella SolutionWhen it comes to modern-day weight loss, it’s challenging to go through the process on your own. This is why finding a well-designed weight loss program is the bare minimum on this journey towards a healthier lifestyle. For those who don’t know about which direction to go in, it might be time to focus on […]
- Review Of The Weight Loss Supplement LeptitoxIn our society, weight management has become a severe problem since many people suffer from obesity. Unfortunately, this is due to the constant influx of unhealthy foods causing people to eat more calories than they need to on a daily basis. Of course, there are many other reasons why a person may become overweight and […]